Thursday, May 29, 2008

my first piece of art....



this is the first piece of art I have ever purchased.

i love the joy on their faces, i love their colors, i love that the boy on the right is wearing a U.S.M.C. t shirt, i love the palms of their hands and absolutely LOVE that bob marley's name is shining over it all.

i found it on the fourth of july in oakland. before watching the fireworks show.

i wish i could remember the artists name but it has faded away, all i remember is that he was a beautiful, tall african with a head of dreadlocks. and his work was filled with joy and color.

unfortunately, the photograph was a digital print from a LONG time ago, so the quality is now fading and that makes me sad, I hope he doesn't mind that I have scanned it to keep forever.

if you know his name please let me know!!!

I am getting ready for Tracy and Steve's wedding this weekend and sooo excited!!!

peace.
maria

No comments: