Thursday, February 19, 2009

...

i spent last weekend in my home town of huntington beach, not a place i particularly love, maybe it is the hippy in me or my way too pale skin but it has never felt like home to me. the only place to me that feels like home is the beach, the smell of the air, sand and water, the sounds of waves, kids and birds and the silence it allows for you to marinate in.










this trip for me was not my usual best friend bash more a time to say good bye to someone i have loved and who has loved me with his laughter, safety, warm dinners, great parties and the occasional laundry. i went to say good bye to him and to hold the hand of his daughter, to let her have moments of weakness, tears, laughter and silliness.
my best friend is amazing, she is also breathtaking and wonderful and has the strength of a thousand lions, if i could walk with her hand in hand forever everyday i would.



peace.
maria

No comments: