Monday, April 20, 2009

i cannot stop watching her!



At first I will be honest, I am so used to Simon Cowell putting up the "strange" looking, untalented (to be kind) and over the top characters for us all to laugh at that I was ready for the worst.just saying that feels gross.

but then when you watch her, the humble and yet confident way she knows that she is about to blow the minds of everybody. Then the amazing voice, with the most amazing song and then the best part... she just blows kisses to everyone and contently walks off the stage. Not expecting to be praised, not expecting to be a star...she did it. She nailed it and that is what she came to do.

I have watched this video 10 times a day, the hairs on my legs are unfortunately long from the goose bumps. I had the pleasure of feeling just one tear drop ever so slowly down my cheek and remembering a song that has moved me to tears so many other times before and sung better than I have ever heard before.

Mostly though for me it is a reminder that being a "rockstar" is not the fruit that talent is supposed to yield. It is a gift that is to be honored through expression alone. Even if you just sing to your cats.

Susan Boyle thank you for the reminder and the re-set of this artist... I am forever grateful and privileged to witness your amazing gift.

No comments: